May 25, 2009
General / New Baby!
My wife and I just had Bartlett baby #5 this weekend! Everyone is healthy and in good shape, and we are all home now.
May 20, 2009
General / Upcoming Creation Research Society Conference
The Creation Research Society is hosting a conference July 10-11 at the University of South Carolina Lancaster. Registrations for the conference can be done here. Here is a semi-official list of presentations:
- Lack of sufficient selection pressure to explain non-random patterns of mutations suggests directed mutations may increase genetic diversity (Jean Lightner)
- The Origin of Grand Canyon by Late Flood Channelized Flow (Michael Oard)
- Universe in Near Real Time Universe in Near Real Time (Steve Miller)
- Matching the age of a Galaxy with its Rotation Velocity Profile (Keith Davies)
- Rapid Cosmological Formation Processes in a Young and Initially Cold Universe (Keith Davies)
- The Region of Eden: Analysis and debate (Joel Klenck)
- Genetics, Developmental Biology, and Fossils Provide no Evidence for the Evolution of Teeth and Jaws, but Support the Creation Model of the Original Kinds of Genesis (Don Moeller)
- What Really Happened to Atlantis in the Days of Peleg (William M. Curtis)
- Truths and Solutions for the Bible, or the Vacuous Contradictions of Evolutionary Humanism (Rick Lapworth)
- Analyses of Pertified Human Brain (Suzanne Vincent and Larry Skelf)
- A Preliminary Hypothesis for the Origin of the Carolina Sandhills (John H. Whitmore, Ray Strom, and Danny Faulkner)
- Post-Flood Ocean Cooling and the Ice Age (Steve Gollmer)
- Genesis 10 & 11: A correlation (Stan Udd)
- Survey and Analysis of Creation Views Espoused by Churches (Larry S. Kisner)
- Genesis and Demise of the Dinosaurs (Joel Klenck)
- A Paradigm of Reality Towards a Theory of Everything (Pal Asija)
- Ancient Binaries In A "Young" Configuration: The Strange Story Of V409 Hya and GSC 2537-0520 (Ronald G. Samec, Gregory Behn, Heather A. Chamberlain, E. R. Figg, Christa M. Labadorf Danny R. Faulkner)
- Some Perspectives on Neanderthals: What Do They Mean for the YEC Model? (Anne Habermehl)
- The Discovery of Design (Don B. DeYoung)
- Words, Definitions, and Thoughts in the Battle of Worldviews (Horace D. Skipper)
- An Analysis of the Star of Bethlehem DVD (Danny R. Faulkner)
- The Moon's Recession from the Earth: Still a Valid Young-Age Indicator (Spike Psarris)
There are also going to be talks (with titles pending) from Hamilton Duncan, Gene Chaffin, and James E. Brownd. The abstracts will be published in a future CRSQ. I wish I could be there!
May 19, 2009
Geology / Ariel Roth Discusses the Flood's Impact on Geology
I'm a huge fan of Ariel Roth. Recently, he gave a presentation to the Creation Science Fellowship of Costa Mesa discussing Noah's flood and its impact on the geological record. It's kind of slow-going (it's two hours and fifteen minutes!) and he doesn't hit any real evidences until after about a half an hour. This video combined with Mike Oard's video on geomorphology presents a pretty good lay-level overview of how Noah's flood affects your outlook on geology.